Sunday, December 6, 2009

Twitter Friends

I had been excited for a few days about this day, today was set to meet a twitter friend; somebody that we both clicked as good friends from day one. It was a wonderful day!

I drove to San Francisco, California [about one and a half hours from my home] to meet @locadelamaceta and her husband @bilbeny, two wonderful people that it seemed like I met them long time ago. Since the moment we greeted each other, there was that feeling that it gets you and makes you know about good people.

It was overwhelming at first but in a few minutes I could notice the honesty and authenticity of both of them and everything was easier. We started to look for a restaurant and honestly I was like lost in a city that I know so well; that's why I said that it was a little bit overwhelming at first. Finally, we found a Chinese restaurant in China Town! We sat down and started to talk and talk, we even kind of ignored the waiter until we had to order.

For the next hour or so; we talk about our kids, family, likings, hobbies, well we tried to cover everything but there was not too much time.

Miranda [@locadelamaceta or "crazy of the pot" #badenglish como yo le digo] gave me her book that she wrote and she dedicated to Juan Tre-hoe [she remembers] and Mario her husband [@bilbeny] took a picture of us then Miranda took a picture of Mario and I. Walked back to Union Square and after one more hug came the undesired moment... time to say GOODBYE to my new virtual friends that are not virtual anymore.

Who was going to say that a person that I met in twitter just a few months ago and a person I met over the phone a few days ago were going to become such great friends in such a short time.





2 comments:

bilbeny said...

Mi querido Juan!
Impresionante indeed como funciona la química, la espontaneidad y la amistad a primera vista. :)
te mando un gran abrazo y estoy seguro que nos veremos muy muy pronto otra vez!

Miranda Hooker said...

Hay gente que está destinada a conocerse, el medio es lo de menos. Gracias por tu calidez y por el post, Juan. Una noche para recordar.